Thursday, July 18, 2013

Lifetyle | Series - The White Queen


Hi there !

I have a new series addiction and it's called The White Queen (BBC One - 9 p.m.)
The series is based on three books written by Philippa Gregory, The White Queen, The Red Queen and The Kingsmaker's Daughter. It tells the story of the War of the Roses in England, the war between the red rose (Lancaster) and the white rose (York). Each book tells the story from a different point of view and those views are combined in the series.


Last year I read the White Queen for my English exam and loved it so much, that I was super excited for this series to come out ! It will air next year in Belgium, but I couldn't wait so I began to watch it on BBC One :)
Let me tell you, the series doesn't fail to please (this seems to be my favourite sentence this last month, haha) The novel is very accurately followed and the special atmosphere is certainly preserved.
I can only talk about the part that I read (The White Queen) but the series got me interested to read the other two novels.


In my opinion the actors do a great job. Rebecca Ferguson portrays Elizabeth Woodville just as I imagined her to be. Not to mention how good Max Irons is as Edward of York ! Seriously, the guy gives me goosebumps in places I won't even begin to mention haha :p In the novel King Edward is portrayed as a very strong, kind, brave, romantic person and this is exactly the vibe the Irons shows in his acting.
A little special thing is that one of our Belgian actors, Veerle Baetens, was asked to play the role of Margaret of Anjou (The Red Queen) and she does an excellent job !


Ah look at those York boys, hmmmmm ! I am so impressed by the series and once again sucked into the 15th century that I find myself reading a lot about it on Wikipedia and craving to read all of Philippa Gregory's books haha :)
I could go on about this series for hours, but I'm going to let the series talk for itself by adding a little clip at the end of this post. Enjoy ! ;)




Talk to you soon !
♥

No comments:

Post a Comment