Bad hair days? Everyone has some of those once in a while. Today I'm going to tell you my secrets for making the hair look decent on these kinds of days.
My hair actually looks best on days when I just washed it in the morning, but I'm not a huge fan of washing it every single day so I leave at least one day in between washes. On those days my hair can look like quite the mess, so I've come up with some hairstyles to disguise all that mess going on.
1. THE DONUT BUN | You will need : A hair donut, a hair tie, some dry shampoo, some bobby pins and hair spray.

2. THE HAIR CLIP | You will need : A pretty hair clip of your choosing, some dry shampoo and some hair spray

This one is super super simple. I apply dry shampoo the same way as with the donut, then I section off the upper part of my hair and separate it in two halves. Then I twist those halves a bit and pin in the hair pin. Apply some hairspray to hold it in place et voila, you're done.
3. THE FRENCH BRAID | You will need : Hair ties (preferably small ones in a shade close to your hair colour), some dry shampoo and some hair spray.

This one is a bit more tricky, but with some practice you'll have it down in no time. So first off I apply some dry shampoo the same way I explained above and then I start french braiding the whole of my hair, which is the tricky part. (Click here for the video that learned me how to french braid) Then I pull the braid here and there to loosen it up and make it a bit more messy and then just spray it with some hair spray to keep everything in place et voila !
A few months ago I was contacted by the brand Casper, a start-up mattress company based out of New York City. They asked me to share my tips and tricks for bad hair days with you for their "Own Your Bed Head" project. And at the end of this project they will feature their favourite tips and tricks over on their site, so make sure to check those if you, like me, suffer from terrible bed hair from time to time !
What is Casper? Casper is a start-up mattress company based out of New York City. If you order their mattress it comes in a box and expands as you open it! They engineered their latex memory foam mattress to keep you cool at night but still give you the right supportive bounce. You can also try one for free for 100 nights, risk-free!
I'll leave you with that !
Love,
K.
My hair actually looks best on days when I just washed it in the morning, but I'm not a huge fan of washing it every single day so I leave at least one day in between washes. On those days my hair can look like quite the mess, so I've come up with some hairstyles to disguise all that mess going on.
1. THE DONUT BUN | You will need : A hair donut, a hair tie, some dry shampoo, some bobby pins and hair spray.
First off I spray some dry shampoo close to the roots of my hair (don't forget the back of your hair !) and rub that in. My favourite dry shampoo is the Baptist one in Cherry. I let this sit for about five minutes while I brush my teeth and wash my face. After those five minutes I comb through my hair until there's no longer any visible white leftover to be seen. Then I make a high ponytail and slip the donut over it. Once that's done I start twisting the ponytail around the donut until it is completely covered in hair. Now the only thing I have left to do is pinning up the little hairs in my neck that are too short to be incorporated in the donut and spray some hairspray to keep everything in place. Et voila we're done !
If you want your donut to be a little bit more messy like mine, try tugging on the sides of your hair to loosen it up a bit.2. THE HAIR CLIP | You will need : A pretty hair clip of your choosing, some dry shampoo and some hair spray

This one is super super simple. I apply dry shampoo the same way as with the donut, then I section off the upper part of my hair and separate it in two halves. Then I twist those halves a bit and pin in the hair pin. Apply some hairspray to hold it in place et voila, you're done.
3. THE FRENCH BRAID | You will need : Hair ties (preferably small ones in a shade close to your hair colour), some dry shampoo and some hair spray.

This one is a bit more tricky, but with some practice you'll have it down in no time. So first off I apply some dry shampoo the same way I explained above and then I start french braiding the whole of my hair, which is the tricky part. (Click here for the video that learned me how to french braid) Then I pull the braid here and there to loosen it up and make it a bit more messy and then just spray it with some hair spray to keep everything in place et voila !
What is Casper? Casper is a start-up mattress company based out of New York City. If you order their mattress it comes in a box and expands as you open it! They engineered their latex memory foam mattress to keep you cool at night but still give you the right supportive bounce. You can also try one for free for 100 nights, risk-free!
I'll leave you with that !
Love,
K.
♥

No comments:
Post a Comment